Pumpkin Ale Beer Bread
A must for the Foodie in me… Works well here to I think!
I’m giving Beer bread a fall makeover with your favorite pumpkin ale. Read one…
- 12 oz pumpkin beer
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter, melted and divided
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp molasses
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly grease a loaf pan.
- Pour the pumpkin beer into a sauce pan and whisk vigorously for 1-2 minutes to flatten the beer. Important!
- Heat over medium until boiling, whisking occasionally to help keep the foaming down.
- Reduce by half, to 3/4 cup (about 15 minutes) and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the beer, 2 Tbsp melted butter, canned pumpkin, molasses, and ground spices.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients, mixing with a spoon until no dry ingredients are left (if your canned pumpkin is very thick, you might need to add 2-4 Tbsp milk to help get things mixed together).
- Pour half of the remaining melted butter into the baking dish.
- Spoon the batter into the baking dish and drizzle the remaining melted butter over top.
- Bake 45-55 minutes, until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
And now my result….
Came out tasty but not sweet, which I actually preferred. Needless to say it did not last long … : (